Whet Your Appetite for "Killing Bites" with Key Visual and Cast Additions
A new key visual (above) and 12 new cast members have been announced for Killing Bites, an upcoming TV anime based on the violent “beast battle” seinen manga written by Shinya Murata and illustrated by Kazasa Sumita about human-animal hybrids that fight duels for the interests of shadowy corporations.
The new cast members for Killing Bites include:
- Rikiya Koyama as Reichi Shidou.
- Tōru Ōkawa as Ichinosuke Okajima.
- Yuichi Nakamura as Taiga Nakanishi, aka “Tiger”.
- Sayaka Harada as Oshie Nodoguro.
- Ryōkan Koyanagi as Takeshi Kido.
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Shouta Yabe.
- Taketora as Jerome Hongo.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Den Ōnuma.
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Ryūji Shina.
- Yūki Ono as Yūgo Tani.
- Yoshino Nanjō as Seira Son.
- And Junichi Suwabe as the Narrator.
The story of Killing Bites follows Yuuya Nomoto, an ordinary college student who gets dragged into an dark underworld of human / animal hybrid battles when he accidentally witnesses a duel between Hitomi Uzaki (aka “Honey Badger”) and a humanoid lion in an isolated scrapyard. The human-animal hybrids, known as “Bruto”, have secretly been used by the four wealthiest financial groups in Japan to settle scores since ancient times, and Yuuya and Hitomi find themselves at the center of this conflict.
The original Killing Bites manga is serialized in Shogakukan’s Monthly Hero’s magazine. The Killing Bites TV anime is directed by Yasuhito Nishikata and features animation by Liden Films. Killing Bites is part of the “Animeism” programming block, and it will broadcast in Japan according to the following schedule:
- MBS (Mainichi Broadcasting System): every Friday during the 26:25 time slot beginning on January 12, 2018.
- TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System): every Friday during the 26:25 time slot beginning on January 12, 2018.
- BS-TBS: every Saturday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on January 13, 2018.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming for the previous day, so for example the 26:25 time slot on Friday evening is actually on Saturday morning at 2:25 AM JST. Additionally, a director’s cut version of Killing Bites will stream in Japan and in overseas markets on Amazon Prime Video, with new episodes released every Friday beginning on January 12, 2018.