The Quest Begins For "Record of Grancrest War" On January 05, 2018
The official Japanese TV schedule has been revealed for Record of Grancrest War, an upcoming TV anime based on the series of fantasy light novels by written by Ryo Mizuno and illustrated by Miyū about a group of adventurers questing to bring peace to their war-torn lands. The series will air in Japan according to the following schedule:
- Tokyo MX: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on January 05, 2018.
- Tochigi TV: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on January 05, 2018.
- Gunma TV: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on January 05, 2018.
- BS11: every Friday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on January 05, 2018.
- TV Aichi: every Tuesday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on January 09, 2018.
- ABC (Asahi Broadcasting Corporation): every Wednesday during the 26:45 time slot beginning on January 10, 2018.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 26:45 time slot on Wednesday evening is actually on Thursday morning at 2:45 AM JST.
The original Record of Grancrest War novels are published by Fujimi Shobo (a division of Kadokawa) under their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. Record of Grancrest War is directed by Mamoru Hatakeyama and features animation by A-1 Pictures. The series is licensed for distribution in North America by Aniplex of America, who describe the story as follows:
“I, Siluca Meletes, hereby make a contract with the Crest of Knight Theo, and swear my allegiance for all of eternity.” A lone mage named Siluca and a vagrant knight named Theo make an oath as master and retainer, with hopes of bringing reform to a land riddled with war and chaos. Atlatan, a land ruled by chaos. Fearing disaster brought about by chaos, the people lived protected by “Lords;” those with the power of “Crests,” used to suppress the chaos. However, the Lords decided to abandon the concept of protecting the people and turn against each other secretly in war, stealing each other’s Crests to gain dominion over one another. Among these people are Siluca, a lone mage who despises the Lords, and Theo, a vagrant knight who continues his journey of training to someday liberate his homeland from tyrannical rule. Enticed by Theo’s ideals, Siluca’s coercive tactics have the two forming a contract and together, the pair work to reform a war-torn land. Unfolding around the crystal of order, “Grancrest,” the world’s greatest record of war fantasy begins!