"Sanrio Boys" Explore Forbidden Character Love in Winter 2018 TV Anime
Sanrio Boys, a cross-media project about a group of high school students who secretly love Sanrio’s mascot characters such as Hello Kitty and Pompompurin, is being adapted into a TV anime that will debut in the Winter season of 2018.
Details are currently scarce about the new anime production, although it is known that the cast of the Sanrio Boys manga preview videos and the Sanrio Boys smart phone game will return to reprise their roles, including:
- Takuya Eguchi as Kouta Hasegawa, a 2nd year high school student who is a fan of Pompompurin.
- Soma Saito as Yuu Mizuno, a 2nd year high school student who is a fan of My Melody.
- Jun Oosuka as Shunsuke Yoshino, a 2nd year high school student who is a fan of Hello Kitty.
- Hiroyuki Kagera as Ryou Nishimiya, a 1st year high school student who is a fan of Little Twin Stars.
- And Yuma Uchida as Seiichiro Minamoto, a 3rd high school student who is a fan of Cinnamoroll.
More information will be revealed at a stage event held in the Sanrio Puroland amusement in Tama New Town, Tokyo, Japan on March 12, 2017. Additionally, a series of 5 audio drama character CDs will also be released, with the release date of each CD corresponding to the birthday of a specific character.
Official Sanrio Boys TV anime home page