Principal Live-Action Film Opens on March 3
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of Ryo Ikuemi‘s Principal manga revealed on Monday that film will open in Japan on March 3. The site is also streaming a new teaser video that is region-locked to Japan.
The cast includes:
- Yuina Kuroshima as Shima Sumitomo
- Nozomu Kotaki as Gen Tatebayashi
- Mahiro Takasugi as Wao Sakurai
- Rina Kawaei as Haruka Kunishige, Shima’s classmate
- Mitsuki Tanimura as Yumi Tatebayashi, Gen’s older sister, and a music teacher at his school
- Tomohiro Ichikawa as Yūdai Kanezawa, Haruka’s middle school classmate
- Mashiro Ayano as Riri Kudō, Haruka’s close friend
- Kumi Nakamura as Koto Tatebayashi, Gen’s mother
- Sawa Suzuki as Masato Miura, Shima’s mother
- Miho Shiraishi as Yukari Sakurai, Wao’s mother
- Hiroyuki Morisaki as Yasuhiro Sumitomo, Shima’s father
- Shiori Ishikawa as Ryoei Sugawara
Tetsuo Shinohara will direct the film, with a script by Yukiko Mochiji. The movie was filmed entirely in Hokkaido.
The manga centers on Shima Sumitomo. Shunned in her school in Tokyo, and with attempts at befriending her third stepfather failing, she decides to move in with her natural father in Sapporo, Hokkaido. There, in her new high school, she meets two handsome men named Gen Tatebayashi and Wao Sakurai, though it seems like the more she gets close to them, the more she is shunned again.
Ikuemi launched the manga in Shueisha‘s Cookie magazine in 2010, and ended it in 2013. Shueisha published seven compiled book volumes for the series.
Source: Comic Natalie