Live-Action Teiichi no Kuni Film’s 2nd Poster Visual Unveiled
The official website for the live-action film of Usamaru Furuya‘s Teiichi no Kuni (Teiichi’s Country) manga revealed the film’s second poster visual on Wednesday.
In addition, the site also revealed the visuals that will appear on trading cards that will be included for those who pre-order tickets beginning on March 4. The pre-order cards are limited to only 200,000 tickets.
The movie is scheduled to open in Japan on April 29, 2017.
The cast includes (clockwise from top left):
- Masaki Suda as Teiichi Akaba
- Shūhei Nomura as Kikuma Tōdō, Teiichi’s underhanded classmate and childhood friend
- Ryōma Takeuchi as Dan Ōtaka, Teiichi’s naturally charismatic classmate
- Shōtarō Mamiya as Roland Himuro, the student favored to be the next student council president
- Kotaro Yoshida as Jōsuke Akaba, Teiichi’s father, and an alumnus at Teiichi’s Kaitei High School
- Mei Nagano as Mimiko Shiratori, Teiichi’s secret friend
- Jun Shison as Teiichi’s right-hand man, the uncommonly handsome Kōmei Sakakibara
- Yudai Chiba as Okuto Morizono, a member of the shogi club
Akira Nagai (Sekai Kara Neko ga Kieta Nara) is directing the film, and Yoshihiro Izumi (live-action Death Note, anohana) penned the script.
The manga’s story follows the high school student Teiichi Akaba and his student government struggles at a private boys’ school in Shōwa-era Japan.
Furuya launched Teiichi no Kuni (Teiichi’s Country) in the inaugural issue of Jump SQ.19 in May 2010, but moved the manga to the main Jump Square magazine in its March 2012 issue. Shueisha shipped the 14th and final volume last May.
The manga has already inspired three stage plays, and the latest stage play, “Saishūshō” Gakuran Kageki: Teiichi no Kuni -Kessen no Last Dance- (“Final Chapter” School Uniform Opera: Teiichi’s Country -Bloody Battle’s Last Dance-), ran in Tokyo last March.
Source: Comic Natalie