B?kyaku no Sachiko Live-Action Gourmet Special Reveals Additional Cast
The official website for the live-action special of Jun Abe‘s Bōkyaku no Sachiko (Forgetful Sachiko) manga revealed more cast members for the special on Tuesday.
The new cast includes: (Top row, left to right in picture above)
- Mitsuru Fukikoshi as Tomoaki Shirai, the editor-in-chief at the magazine where Sachiko works.
- Takeshi Kaga as Junji Matsuoka, a Purple Award-winning author that Sachiko is assigned to.
- Eri Fuse as Kazuyo Sasaki, Sachiko’s mom who always worries about her.
(Bottom row, left to right in picture above)
- Hisako Okata as the old lady who crosses paths with Sachiko.
- Rina Aizawa as Sachiko’s coworker
- Hiroshi Shigeoka as Ōno, Sachiko’s coworker
They will join Mitsuki Takahata (seen below), who plays the lead role of Sachiko Sasaki.
The drama will premiere on TV Tokyo on January 2 at 11:15 p.m.
The gourmet comedy manga centers on Sachiko Sasaki, a 29-year-old editor of a literary magazine. At work, she has a respected reputation as a strict perfectionist, but on her wedding day, her husband-to-be Shungo runs away on her. Now Sachiko seeks out gourmet food in order to forget about Shungo.
Santa Yamagishi is directing the series. Satomi Ooshima is penning the script.
Abe launched the manga in Shogakukan‘s Big Comic Spirits magazine in August 2014. Shogakukan published the manga’s 10th compiled book volume on June 30.
Viz Media published Abe’s Portus manga in 2007.
Source: Comic Natalie