Ani ni Aisaresugite Komattemasu Manga Gets Live-Action TV Drama
This year’s seventh issue of Shogakukan‘s Sho-Comi magazine is revealing on Saturday that Rina Yagami’s Ani ni Aisaresugite Komattemasu manga will also get a live-action television adaptation.
The television series will premiere on April 12 on NTV, and will have five episodes. The series will air on Wednesday evenings.
The manga is already getting a live-action film adaptation, which opens in Japan on June 30.
The film’s cast includes:
- Ryōta Katayose as Haruka Tachibana
- Tao Tsuchiya as Setoka Tachibana
- Yudai Chiba as Takane Serigawa
- Ito Ōno as Chiyuki Mioka, Chiaki’s younger sister
- Fūju Kamio as Suzuki, Setoka’s kendo-practicing love interest
- YOU as Azusa Tachibana, Haruka and Setoka’s mother
- Takuya Kusakawa as Chiaki Mioka the “prince-like cool guy” who treats Setoka like a high-class girl
- Yōsuke Sugino as Kunimitsu Serigawa, the “lazy cool guy” who is Takane’s younger brother and Setoka’s classmate
The story centers on two siblings: Setoka is an unpopular but romantic high school student, and her brother Haruka is a delinquent youth, but cares for his younger sister more than anything else. The two are not related by blood, but only Haruka knows about this. The abrasive Takane Serigawa, Setoka’s first love, returns after many years, and begins to get closer to Setoka again. After that, Setoka is the target of many older men’s affections, and it seems like the first popular phase in Setoka’s life has begun.
The same team that handled the live-action Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai film is returning as the staff for the film, including director Hayato Kawai (live-action Ore Monogatari!!).
Yagami launched the manga in Shogakukan‘s Sho-Comi magazine in 2015. Shogakukan published the fourth compiled book volume in September, and volume 4.5 shipped in Japan on December 26. The manga is listed as ending in its fifth volume, which has a listed release date of March 24.