Live-Action Shinjuku Swan Film Sequel’s Trailer Reveals New Cast Members, Songs, January 21 Opening
Sony Pictures began streaming a trailer for Shinjuku Swan II, the sequel to the live-action film of Ken Wakui‘s Shinjuku Swan manga. The video reveals that UVERworld and MAN WITH A MISSION will once again perform songs for the film. UVERworld‘s insert song is titled “Emyu,” while MAN WITH A MISSION‘s theme song is titled “Dead End in Tokyo.”
The film adapts the manga’s “Yokohama Kingdom” arc, and is slated for January 21.
The film’s new cast members include:
- Tadanobu Asano as Masaki Taki, a member of the Yokohama Wizards who opposes Tatsuhiko’s group
- Alice Hirose as Mayumi Ozawa, the story’s heroine and a hostess
- Kippei Shiina as Sumitomo, an original character, and the president of the All Japan Liquor Merchants Association
- Yusuke Kamiji
- Maryjun Takahashi
- Jun Kaname
- Hideo Nakano
- Takashi Sasano
Returning from the first film are:
- Gou Ayano (Gatchaman) as Tatsuhiko Shiratori
- Yusuke Iseya (Casshern) as Mako
- Nobuaki Kaneko (Crows Zero II) as Yutaka Hayama
- Motoki Fukami (Crows Zero) as Gensuke Seki
- Jun Murakami (Michiko & Hatchin) as Tokimasa
- Kosuke Toyohara (Densha Otoko) as Jin Yamashiro
The manga follows Tatsuhiko Shiratori, a 19-year-old with no money or job in the (in)famous Kabukichō red-light district of Tokyo’s Shinjuku ward. Then one day, a man named Mako recruits him to become a scout. Tatsuhiko’s job has him finding new talent for clubs, adult videos, and other areas of Kabukichō’s night life. Tatsuhiko has taken his first step into the cutthroat business of Tokyo’s underworld.
Wakui launched the manga in Young Magazine in 2005, and ended it in 2013. Kodansha published the manga’s 38th and final compiled book volume in December 2013. The manga already inspired a six-episode live-action television series in 2007. In that version, Yōsuke Kawamura played Tatsuhiko.The first film opened in Japan in May 2015.
Source: Comic Natalie