"Kabukibu!" Preview Highlights New Single by Hiro Shimono
The official web page for Kabukibu!, an upcoming TV anime based on the light novel series by Yuuri Eda about a group of high school students looking to create a kabuki theater club, has been updated with a boatload of new information, including a new key visual (above), a new preview video (below), new cast announcements, and the Japanese broadcast schedule.
The preview video highlights “Running High”, the opening theme song for Kabukibu!, which is performed by Hiro Shimono.
The new cast members announced for Kabukibu! include:
Yumi Uchiyama as Maruko Janome.
Ayaka Asai as Riri Miwayama.
Kazutomi Yamamoto as Katsumi Kazumi.
And Tomoaki Maeno as Ren Tōmi.
In Kabukibu!, Kurogo “Kuro” Kurusu is a 1st year high school student who inherited a love for all things Kabuki from his grandfather. Kuro wants nothing more than to join the Kabuki club and perform in extracurricular theater activities at his school. Unfortunately, no such club exists, so Kuro decides to make one. Will Kuro be able to find a teacher for a sponsor as well the required 5 members to make his dream come true?
The original Kabukibu! light novels are published by Kadokawa Bunko. The Kabukibu! TV anime is directed by Kazuhiro Yoneda and features animation by Studio Deen. The series will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System): every Thursday during the 26:28 time slot beginning on April 06, 2017.
- MBS (Mainichi Broadcasting System): every Friday during the 27:10 time slot beginning on April 07, 2017.
- RKB: every Sunday during the 26:35 time slot beginning on April 16, 2017.
- SBS (Shizuoka Broadcasting System): every Tuesday during the 26:43 time slot beginning on April 11, 2017.
- TBC (Tohoku Broadcasting Company): every Tuesday during the 25:54 time slot beginning on April 11, 2017.
- BS-TBS: every Saturday during the 25:30 time slot beginning on April 08, 2017.
Kabukibu! will also be broadcast on CBC (Chubu-Nippon Broadcasting), but the schedule for this broadcast has not yet been announced. Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 26:28 time slot on Thursday night is actually at 2:28 AM JST on Friday morning.
Official Kabukibu! TV anime home page