In Honor Of Halloween, Japanese Fans Name Their Pick For Female Character Cosplay
It’s Halloween. Kids get a chance to pick up some candy trick-or-treating. Adults get a nice excuse to indulge in a bit of cosplay. In honor of this, Anime!Anime! asked who’d they want to cosplay as this year. Selections were then aggregated by gender, and from the female character picked, Re:Zero’s Rem was the clear winner at 10% of the total volumes. Good choice! You get to dress up as a maid AND an oni at th same time!
The total pool of voters (who could pick any character to cosplay) was 56% women. Roughly half of those polled were 19 or younger, and fans in their 20s represented around 30%.
8. Mash Kyrielight ( Fate/Grand Order -First Order- )
8. Nausicaä ( Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
8. Kaban ( Kemono Friends )
8. Atsuko Kagari ( Little Witch Academia )
8. Ayanami Rei ( Neon Genesis Evangelion )
6. Joan of Arc ( Fate/Apocrypha )
6. Enma Ai ( Hell Girl )
4. Yazawa Nico ( Love Live! )
4. Doma Umaru ( Himouto! Umaru-chan )
3. Jirou Kyouka ( My Hero Academia )
2. Kiki ( Kiki’s Delivery Service )
Cup Noodle commercial version pictured
1. Rem ( Re:Zero)