Fate/Apocrypha English Dub Debuts on Netflix in U.S., Canada
The first 12 episodes of the anime adaptation of TYPE-MOON and Yuichiro Higashide‘s Fate/Apocrypha novels premiered in the United States and Canada in multiple languages on Netflix on Tuesday. Voice actors who have announced their involvement with the English dub on Twitter include:
- Erika Harlacher as Jeanne d’Arc/Ruler
- Zach Aguilar as Sieg
- Chris Niosi as Karna/Lancer of Red
- Sarah Anne Williams as Frankenstein/Berserker of Black
- Erica Lindbeck as Mordred/Saber of Red
- Tom Bauer as Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia
- Erica Mendez as Assassin of Black and Roche Frain Yggdmillenia
- Faye Mata as Astolfo/Rider of Black
- Jalen K. Cassell as Chiron/Archer of Black
- Allegra Clark as Semiramis/Assassin of Red, Atalante/Archer of Red, and Reika Rikudō
- Khoi Dao as Flat Escardos
- Kayli Mills as Fiore Forvedge Yggdmillennia
- Katelyn Gault as Morgan Le Fay
Erica Mendez also adapted the script for the English dub.
The anime premiered in Japanese television on July 1 and on Netflix in Japan on July 3. The anime is currently airing its second cour, and it will have a total of 25 episodes. The anime will debut on Netflix in all other territories outside of Japan, the United States, and Canada on December 2.
In the story, there was once a Holy Grail War waged by seven Mages and Heroic Spirits in a town called Fuyuki. However, a certain Mage took advantage of the chaos of World War II to steal a Holy Grail. Several decades have passed, and the Yggdmillennia family, who took upon the Holy Grail as its symbol, defected from the Mages‘ Association and declared their independence. Furious, the Association sent a force to deal with the Yggdmillennia, but they were defeated by the summoned Servants. With the Holy Grail War system changed, war at an unprecedented scale, with seven versus seven, breaks out. And so, the curtain rises on the epoch-making Great Holy Grail War.
Higashide himself is in charge of the anime’s series scripts, and Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte) is directing at A-1 Pictures. Y?kei Yamada is adapting Ototsugu Konoe‘s original character designs for animation. Masaru Yokoyama (The Lost Village, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Nobunaga Concerto) is composing music.
Update: Regional specification added. Thanks, SuiSeiKen.